NITAA frequently takes feedback of alumni members on the curriculum development to cope up with state-of-the-art technology.
Few such suggestions received are as under:
- Nirma Culture and tradition makes a difference and put Nirmaites at an upper edge wherever they go.
- Meet should be arranged such that alumni members can have interaction with the students and the faculty members.
- Learning of basics helped the members during the higher studies.
- Communication link between institute and alumni members need to be improved the method of communication and make is close loop.
- Members felt good after visiting the vibrant and developed Nirma Campus.
- There should be branch specific meets at least in a year.
- There must be some mechanism for changing alumni members email ID as they change their email ID time to time based on their organization
Alumni relations is an important part of the Academic Journey of a University and we are trying with our continuous efforts to keep up with our bondings.
NITAA has taken one more initiative since 2014 and that is to felicitate one Alumni per department for their remarkable progress and contributions to the society in their very own special way on every foundation day of Nirma University. This is a gesture of appreciation from our side and we wish to convey that we are truly proud of them!
NITAA started free scholarship to the needy students from the NITAA fund since year 2008-09.
On the Foundation day of Institute of Technology held on 3rd October, 2017; announcements of NITAA Scholarship of Rs. 2,80,000/- were given to 12 B Tech students & 2 MCA students (Rs. 20,000 each) based on merit cum means. The scholarship is continued in the subsequent year if student fulfill the required criteria laid down by the NITAA.
Alumni Meet @ Nirma Campus
Date : January 5, 2019
Venue : Institute of Technology, Nirma University
Alumni Meet @ Hyderabad
Date : 8th February 2018
Venue : Paradise Restaurant, Plot No 22 & 23, Vinayaknagar, Gachibowli Main road, Hyderbad, Telangana 500032
NITAA Alumni Meet at USA & Singapore
NITAA Alumni meet was conducted on May 07,2017 @ San Jose and at New Jersy on June 09, 2017.
It was organized in “Celebrations Indian Cuisine”, Sunnyvale, CA-USA. IT was attended by more than 50 Alumni from Bay Area. Dr N P Gajjar Sr vice President, NITAA addressed the meet.
Dr Parkash Gajjar delivered talk on “Life Changing Processes”.Other Alumni Meet was held at Singapore. For more information, Click Here
At Other Places
NITAA alumni was held at Noida on 10th February 2016. The Meet was attended by Dr N M Debashraye , Dr D K Kothari , Dr N P Gajjar, Dr Priyanka Sharma and Dr Sharada Valiveti. The Meet was attended by more than 70 student members including Alumni residing around Noida and the interns working at companies in that region. Dr N P Gajjar and Dr Priyanka Sharma briefed the objectives behind conducting such Meets and desire to reconnect with our Alumni to strengthen the bond with their Alma-matter. Students expressed their extreme happiness on interacting with their faculty members
An Alumni meet was held in Bangalore on Aug 28,2016 ( 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm) @ Hotel Bhagini Palace, Opp, Innovative Multiplex, Marathhalli,Bangalore. More than 60 Alumni members attended the meet. Dr N P Gajjar, SR Vice President NITAA, Dr Mehul Naik, Dr Zunnun Narmawala and Dr Ankit Thakker attended the meet as NITAA representative of Institute. It has created great networking among alumni and they were informed about the progress and development of Nirma University as a whole. The meet was followed by delicious dinner and fun filled party
At Nirma University
Annual get together and a reunion of NITAA was organized on 3rd January 2015 at Nirma University campus. More than 250 alumni with their family members and 150 faculty members were present for Annual get together. The reunion was presided by Dr. Anup Singh, Director General of Nirma University, President of NITAA Dr. K Kotecha and Vice president Dr. N.P.Gajjar. The Annual get together began with a prayer to invoke the blessings of goddess saraswati. Dr. Parin Shah (Secretary, NITAA) welcomed alumni and faculty members for the program. A movie of Nirma University was played on for NITAA members which was highlighting the progress of Nirma University in the last 20 years. Movie showcased the various achievements of the University in various fields of academic and co-curricular activities. The alumni were overwhelmed by the presentation and they recollected the golden days of their college life. This was followed by an introduction session, where alumni members introduced themselves and the field of their work and affiliation. Followed by a welcome address by Dr. K. Kotecha (President of NITAA). President NITAA had welcomed all members and brief on how the alumni can support in the progress of institute and how the institute is concerned in keeping up the bond with the alumni. He had emphasised the use of social sites for keeping contact and sharing up-dates of institute. Dr. Anup Singh, Director General of Nirma University had also addressed the gathering. He has shared his experience, how to increase interaction with alumni members and strengthen NITAA activates in the institute. The alumni were eager to help the placement in the institute by various means such as giving recommendations and introducing the HR to the institute placement department. The session ended with vote of thanks to all NITAA members, office bearers and alumni members by Dr. Parin Shah (Secretary, NITAA). After this, dinner was arranged for NITAA members
NITAA is rigorously doing its effort to improve the quality of all students and in order to achieve that expert lectures are arranged frequently. Various experts are invited from research institute, government organizations, industries and well known universities for sharing their expertise and experiences. This will help students a lot to gain something beyond their class room teaching. Few glimpses of expert lectures are given.
- Mr Royson Rajan, the Founder of Atlas softweb solutions conducted a Full day Workshop on Full Stack Development for all the students of MTech CSE, INS and NT on 23rd November 2017
- Expert lecture on “From Fresher to Professional using Open Source Technologies” by Mr. Royson Rajan, Founder/ Managing Director, Atlas SoftWeb Pvt Ltd. for students of 5th Semester CE students on 30/8/17
- Workshop on “Security Hardening” by Mr. Kartik Lalan, Security Engineer, Philips lab, Bangalore. for students of 7th Semester CE-IT on 5/8/2017
- Interaction on “Future career prospects after B.Tech” by Mr. Anand Kacha, Co-Founder & Tech Lead of Automint Pvt Ltd. Now admitted to Concordia
- University, Montrea. And Kyhati Parekh, Graduate Research Assistant at University of Washington for students of 7th CE A on 2/8/17
- Expert Lecture on “A recruiter’s perspective to a professional resume” by Mr. Zoher Surka,Sr. Member of Technical Staff,Tibco Software, Pune ,India
- Expert lecture given by Manan Thakkar (Senior Solutions Architect at Indusa) and Karan Kurani (FOUNDER – DoctorC, Shoutt)
- Expert talk given by Nisarg G Vyas ( CEO and principal engineer/scientist at InFoCusp)
- Mr Kaushal Kachiya, MCA Alumni and Sr Software Developer, eClinical Works Ltd, Ahmedabad had given expert lecture to MCA Sem IV students on Career Guidance and Experience Sharing for getting placed in Premier IT Companies” on 10th March 2017.
- MCA Sem III students visited RapidOps Solution Pvt Ltd. during Industrial Visit on 13-10-2017 and MCA Sem IV students on 08-03-2017 at the same organization.
- Expert Seminar attended on ” Chasing an impossible dream”by Mr. Sumeet Keswani, Alumnus of Nirma Universityis organized by NITAAon 29th September 2017.
- Expert Lecture on Verification and Validation techniques of Digital VLSI designs by Mr. Parimal Govani Sr. Scientist, SAC, ISRO ( Alumni batch ; 1999) on
- Expert Lecture on Be an InsPiraTion: Think differently by Mr. Rakesh Patel, Disgn Artist, National Institute of Design on 21/4/2017
- Lecture on “Interview Skills” by Mr. Rohan Garg, MBA from IIMC, on21/8/2017
- Lecture on “Career Options after B. Tech.” by Mr. Rohan Garg, MBA from IIM C on 24/11/2017
- Expert Lecture on Advances in Back End Design by Mr. Soyeb Khunsia, Design Engineer, Rambus, 30/10/2017
- Alumni Expert Lecture on “Verification Intellectual Property” by Manan Patel, Cadence on 8/11/2017
- Mr. Pranshu Upadhyay, BTech EE Alumni, 2007 Passout, Doctoral Researcher at Valeo Institute, France delivered an alumni interaction session titled “Need of goal for future and importance of pursuing Masters or higher studies” on 06/01/2017 for BTech. Sem-VI EE students.
- Mr. Kirtan Davda, BTech EE Alumni, 2015 Passout, Doctoral Student at University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA delivered an alumni interaction session titled “Importance of internship and projects in professional life” on 17/01/2017 for BTech. Sem-IV EE students.
- Mr. Naman Raval, MTech EE Alumni, 2009 Passout, Assistant Manager, Xylem Water Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Vadodara, delivered an alumni interaction session titled “Importance of Projects in enhancing subject knowledge and enabling students to get jobs” on 24/01/2017 for BTech. Sem-IV EE students.
- Mr.Jwal Trivedi,MTech EE Alumni,2014 Passout, R&D Engineer, Electrotherm India Ltd, Ahmedabad, delivered an expert lecture session titled “Power Supply Unit for Induction Furnace” on 14/03/2017 for MTech. Sem-II EE students.
- Mr.Himanshu Chauhan, BTech EE Alumni, 2008 Passout,Business Development Manager, Fujitsu Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Ahemdabad, delivered an expert lecture session titled “Desired Interpersonal Skills for Recruitment Process” on 18/04/2017 for BTech. Sem-VI EE students.
- Mr. Mirant Parikh, BTech EE Alumni, 2014 Passout, IAS Officer Trainee delivered an expert lecture session titled “Strategy to be Adopted for Clearing Civil Services Examination” on 11/08/2017 for BTech. Sem-VII EE students.
- Mr. Aditya Thanavala, BTech EE Alumni, 2016 Passout, Engineer, Adani Port Ltd., Mundra delivered an alumni interaction session titled “What is the need of Masters Degree?” on 08/11/2017 for BTech. Sem-III EE students.
- Mr. Rohit Singh ,Application engineer at Neutron system Pvt. Ltd. ,Ahmedabad has delivered an expert talk on “IEC standards programming languages for PLC” for B.tech 7th sem IC on 14th August ,2017.
- Mr. Chinmay Shah ,MSEE ,University of Houston ,USA has delivered an expert talk on “Renewable energy sources with control” for B.Tech IC 6th sem on 16th January ,2017.
- Mr. Vivek Ganatra ,Project manager at Adani-PMC projects has delivered an expert session on “Role of IC engineers in various industries” for the faculties of IC dept. on 28th January ,2017.
- Mr. Vivek Ganatra ,Project manager at Adani-PMC projects has delivered an expert session on “Role of IC engineers in various industries” for B.tech IC 6th sem on 6th April ,2017.
- Mr. Amar Patel (Partner Buttercup, Ahmedabad) has delivered an expert talk on “Career Counselling for higher education” to B.tech 6th sem students.
- Mr. Bhavin Dabhi (Partner, Universal Designovation labs, Rajkot) has delivered an expert talk on “Product design and Entrepreneurship” to B.tech 6th sem and M.tech Design students. He served the department by giving industrial training and project placements to the B.Tech and M.Tech students.
- Mr. Vivek Thakar (Schneider electric, Vadodara) has helped in arranging theindustrial training and project placements of B.tech as well as M.tech students.
- Siddharth Thoriya (Thorson Industries, Odhav) helped in arranging industrial visit for B.tech 4th sem students.
- Mihir Jetavat (Motif Engineers Pvt. Ltd) has helped in arranin industrial training to the B.tech and M.tech students.
- Vishal Vachhani (Innovative International Ltd., Changodar) has helped in arranin industrial training to the B.tech and M.tech students.
- Nitin Goraiya (Proprietor, Pratham Valves) has helped in arranin industrial training to the B.tech and M.tech students.
- Vivek Tiwari (Global Clutch) has given industrial training and project placements to the B.Tech and M.Tech students.
- Mr parth Makwana technical head at technostruct has delivered lecture on BIM Software for Btech SEM 6 students on 23/01/2017
- Mr Harsh Rathod CEO of HRG Infrastructure, Victoria, Canada and also PHD student of Univeristy of Victoria, Canada has delivered an expert lecture on Structural Health Monitoring for MTech Sem 1 student.
- Mr Harish Chandra Jakhmola GM Kalptaru Power and Transmission LTD, Gandhinagar has delivered an expert lecture on Slipform work and Jumpform work for sem 6 students.
- Mr. Sashin Patel and Mr. Hrushikesh Patel has delivered an expert lecture on Hydor Power Project for Participants during STTP(June 2017) at Nirma
- Mr. Mehul Shah, Ms.Pankti Shah and Mr. Kalpesh Parmar helped for arranging site visit at Mundra during STTP (June 2017).
- Mr. Harsh Doshi and Mr. Siddharth shah has delivered an expert lecture on Design and Construction of Road Infrastructure for Participants during STTP(June 2017) at Nirma University.
- Mr. Yash kulshreshtha, Mr. Vijay valvi and Mr. Piyush Viradi helped for arranging site visit at Himmatnagar – Mehasana highway during STTP (June 2017).
- Mr. Satish Kambaliya helped for arranging site visit at Vastral Metro Project during STTP (June 2017).
- Ms. Khushali Mehta, (Sr Manager Building Permission GIFT SEZ LTD) conducted fraction course on Concept of Smart Cities a teaching of five session of total 10 hours for B.Tech sem V students. Ms. Khushali Mehta has her expertise in the field of building permission and planning, Ms khushali Mehta has worked in GIFT city right from its inception. The proposed course will further give emphasize on learning about features of smart cities. This course also covers the GDCR (General Development and Control Regulations) and process requirement of government approval. Ms khushali Mehta has also share her experience on GIFT city Gandhinagar.
- Mr Anusrav Bhatt Owner Nirantar gupop has delivered lecture on Arbitration and Conciliation for BTech SEM 7 students on 13/10/2017
- Mr. Shashin, Partener SID consultants has conducted 6 hrs session on Bunker and Silos for M.Tech semester 1 students.
- Mr. Harsh Rathod and Mr. Dhaval Shah visited the departments and discuss the research area with M. Tech students on 16/12/2017.
- Mr. Ayush Jain, as a mathematics professor in ALLEN Institute interacted with fourth semester students on 3rd February 2017.
- Mr. Swapnil Prajapati From Reliance Baroda interacted with sixth semester students on 6th Feb, 2017 and discuss about the scope of chemical engineering.
- Mr. Rahul Jain, from 2008 batch conducted a workshop on DWSIM for simulation on 2nd March,2017 as a part of NU-Tech.
- Mr. Rachit Oza, from 2005 batch delivered an expert talk related to Starch Industries on 6th MArch, 2017.
Darshan Solanki, from 1999 batch delivered talk on “Investor Awareness Program” on 10th March 2017.
- Mr. Prateek Singh working in a Torrent Pharma Industry, from 2012 batch had delivered an expert talk on “Expectation of an organization from an Engineering Graduate” on 3rd August,2017 with V and VII semester students.
- Mr. Karan Shah, from 2006 batch had delivered an expert talk on “Application of Basic Concepts of chemical Engineering in Industry” on 4th August,2017 with III semester students.
- Ms. Sophia Varghese a Ph.D student from IIT Gandhinagar and a postgraduate student from 2011 batch had given an expert talk on “ Research Opportunities in IIT’s” to fifth semester students on 4th August,2017.
- Mr. Ronak Shah and team from Carving Mindz had delivered an expert talk on “Career Counselling and how to improve in GD and PI” to seventh semester students on 22nd September,2017.
||Name & Organization of Alumni
||Mr. Vivek Ganatra
(B. Tech, IC, 2006 Passout)
|Motor and Drive Total Cost of Ownership Concept
||M. Tech. Sem-II PEMD
||Mr. Abhishek Desai,
Co-founder of Digicorp, Ahmedabad
||B. Tech Sem VI
||Mr Sanket Thakkar, Director,
iConflux Ltd, Ahmedabad
|Current trends in Mobile Application Development: PhoneGap
||B.Tech,MCA Sem IV
||Mr. Amar Patel,
Director of Engineering, Powerdyn Energy Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad
|How to prepare for US colleges and Employers
||B. Tech. Sem VIII
||Mr Laxman Rajwani
||Marine Structures -Design and Construction
||During STTP on “Emerging trends in Civil Engineering”
||Name of Faculty
||Parita Oza and
|Virtual & Augmented Reality
||Parita Oza and
|Industry expectation from students
||H.K. Patel / Nital Patel
||Career guidance and interview techniques
||Mechanical Design for Engineers
||BTech – VIII
||How to select electives in curriculum
||BTech – IV
||How to select electives in curriculum
||BTech – IV
||Arbitration and Conciliation
||H.K. Patel / Nital Patel
||Career beyond Engineering
||BTech – VI
||Amit Patel / P. N. Kapil
||Introduction and Testing of Circuit Breakers
||BTech – IV
||Introduction to Zend Framework 2
||What is a role of chemical engineer in a designing company
||BTech and M. Tech
||My Experiments with Life
||BTech-VIII and M. Tech-II
||Amit Patel / P. N. Kapil
||How to prepare for competitive exams
||Amit Patel / P. N. Kapil
||Introduction to Embedded Systems
||BTech – VI
A seminar on “How to start a start-up – from a NIT Alumni perspective” was organized by NITAA on 9/4/2016 from 11.00 am to 12:00 pm at A101. The expert of the seminar was Mr. Dhruvil Sanghvi, CEO of Loginext who is Nirma Alumni.(B. Tech in C.E). This seminar was aimed to give an insight of starting a start-up which will help the students to closely understand a roadmap on entrepreneurship with a graduate degree from Nirma University. Around 100 students attended the seminar.
A seminar on “Intersected Future” by Mr.Karan Shah(Alumni of CE) on 24th March 2015 for Students of Institute of Technology. He talked about the New Digital Age – the Age of Medici 2.0 – “The Intersected Future” where technology further accelerates the pace of creative destruction!
A Chemical Engineering Department had organized a seminar on ‘Total Loss Control and Risk Management’ on 11th February, 2015 for B. Tech and M. Tech students. Dr. H. S. Purohit (International Speaker) and his Team, HSP consultants, Ahmedabad was invited to conduct the seminar. Mr. Kaushal Merchant is one of the team member who is alumni and pass out in 2005. They cover various topics like Natural and Manmade disasters, Fire and Explosion and production break down, Case Studies, Live Demonstration of fire and accident prevention etc.
A seminar on “Entrepreneurship-Opportunities and Challenges” was organized by NITAA on 11/04/2014. This seminar was aimed to teach students the perks of developing, organizing and managing a business venture. Mr. Nirmit Parikh, Founder & CEO, Cruxbot, a Nirma Alumni, was the speaker of seminar. Around 100 students have attended the seminar. Prof. Usha Mehta and Prof. Anitha Ashishdeep were the Coordinator of the program.
A seminar on “Entrepreneurship” was arranged under NITAA banner on 23/3/2013. The objective of the seminar was to motivate and provide the guidance to the students to become Entrepreneur in future. Mrs. Meena Kaviya – Chairperson, Business Women Wing, Gujarat Chamber of Commerce, Ahmedabad and Ms. Ruzan Khambatta- CMD- Rasna Group were the speakers for the program. It was attended by more than 50 B. Tech./M. Tech. students. Prof J M Dave was the coordinator of the program.